As of late, I’ve wondered what specific industries are booming in such dire times. Fortunately, a couple weeks ago CNN Money Magazine (online) answered my question and issued the following:
Top Industries: Fast Growers (1-year growth in profits)
Of the 38 industries listed, the top 10 were:
- Pipelines — 80.9%
- Electronics, Electrical Equipment — 60.1 %
- Packaging, Containers — 49.8%
- Engineering, Construction — 46.1%
- Airlines — 33.8%
- Wholesalers: Health Care — 31.4%
- Oil and gas equipment services — 28.9%
- Entertainment — 25.6%
- Network and other communications equipment — 23.7%
- Household and personal products — 20.3%
Interesting but do the top ten really surprise anyone? Are you shocked at any of the industries topping the list? At first sight, I was not sure why the entertainment industry was doing so well…who can afford going to the movies nowadays? But then I began thinking how we all need a little release from reality now and again.
For those thinking about career transitions, information and market trends must be given a great deal of weight. From all appearances, there are options in a wide array of industries – with persistence and passion, the next move is YOURS!
Thinking back, I haven’t been to a movie in months, any reality escape suggestions?